Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Napolese me please!

I had the most incredible day yesterday with my mom for her birthday! We went out to lunch at Napolese for the first time and it was delicious. If you remember my rave review of Cafe Patachou, it's no surprise this is owned by same proprietor. You must like the charred brick oven flavor of pizza, which I do! We shared the roasted artichoke starter and the margherita pizza. You gotta go classic with a place like this. We decided to then shop around and found some goodies in our favorite Indy mall, the Fashion Mall. I should not have, but I indulged with a few purchases. I'm sure they'll grace the blog at some point, but I thought I'd stick to the food today. 

We also decided to kill some time and went to the attached movie theatre that only plays indie films. It's my favorite theatre, because you can see more obscure (often more insightful) movies, the popcorn is unarguably the best, and they have a bar that you can bring alcohol into the movie. Buckets of Sunking anyone? 

We saw "The Grand Budapest Hotel" by Wes Anderson. It was definitely in Wes Anderson's style, which I don't usually love, but it was wonderful! The plot in alignment with the star studded cast and the beautiful cinematography really created a well rounded film. I'd suggest it to anyone who's remotely interested in the trailer. The trailer gives you an idea of the style of movie, but it is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the poignancy and beauty of the film.

We rounded out the day with dinner with my dad and some margaritas! Yay! Such a good day to spend with the most incredible mom in the world. 


               



Please mind Penny's yawning, she had a long day with her uncle pups! P.s. the scarf was one of my purchases!





Margherita pizza followed by Margaritas! Any better way to spend a day?



My last and most exciting puchase! I got them at C Wonder while they had a 25% off sale! Steal!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post!