Friday, September 12, 2014

Ruffles for days...

I love this ivory petticoat clip I got from Forever 21. It is a great way to, quite literally, add some flare to an outfit! It also adds a bit of drama, which anyone who know me will attest to my love of drama. I also adore a monochromatic color palatte, because it opens up your mind to textures and details that color can often guide you to ignore. The slip is kind of difficult to pair, but I really like it with this crop top, so it doesn't cover up the ruffles, because..why cover up ruffles? You have to top...well I suppose bottom off any good outfit with a good pair of shoes. These adorable black booties are an essential for so many outfits and especially this one. The black elongates the leg while adding the slightest amount of heel, because post Purdue my heel height tolerance went waayyy down (literally).

How do you incorporate different textures into your style?

xo
-a-





Get the look:
Sweater: Painted Threads via Nordstrom (old), Similar via TopShopSimilar Charlotte Russe
Slip: Similar
Leggings: Old Navy (ps. active leggings is where it's at if you want coverage)
Shoes: DSW (old), Diba via DSW (same brand and style, new season)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share this post!